ACLCA - Introduction
The Australian Contaminated Land Consultants Association Inc. (ACLCA) was formed in late 1995 to provide a voice to decision makers in Australia and internationally on matters associated with contaminated land management.
The association represents the major environmental consulting firms involved in the assessment and management of contaminated sites in Australia. It currently has representation in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Queensland and Western Australia.
Our goals are:
- To provide a forum for member companies to develop, discuss and respond to issues that affect us in our responsible management of contaminated lands;
- To establish and maintain a strong working relationship with regulatory authorities and other related agencies that have an interest in the management of contaminated lands;
- To encourage others to accept ACLCA as the consulting industry's peak representative group on contaminated land issues;
- To assist in the development and maintenance of appropriate industry practices and encourage members to adopt these practices;
- To promote and encourage the open exchange of information between members and other interested bodies;
- To promote an awareness and provide information to outside parties on the professional skills in the area of contaminated land management.